Are you looking for eyelashes like Taylor swift ones? Are you looking for beautiful eye-look like Angelina Jolie eyes?
Actually, when I Google the word eyelashes; I found millions of results of a total number around 78,400,000! Moreover, I am quite sure that the number is incredibly increasing while I am writing this article!
Apart from medicinal results, I saw many questions from many people all over the world are asking about “How they can increase the thickness of their eyelashes through home remedies?” Other questions are in form of “What are the medical available options for having better eyelashes that are thick, full, and long?” other search options are in form of “The perfect eyelash extension!”…Although, it seems to be hard to increase the length, thickness, and fullness of your eyelashes naturally, but I find out that the answer for all the previously mentioned questions is easy and mainly lie behind the LUCK! What…luck? How?
How Latisse Made Eyelashes Grow!
Years ago and until now, some people are used to suffer from lethal eye pressure level or as doctors called glaucoma, therefore, their ophthalmologist prescribes some medications like “Lumigan drug” that treat this condition. After several reports, it has been found that there are side effects for using the Lumigan drug which is they notice a noticeable increase in the length, thickness, and fullness of their eyelashes after using Lumigan drug!
At this time and for the first time, people said on the side effects “they are positive ones!”…Briefly, they consider the Lumigan drug a precursor for another drug that stimulates the production of eyelashes that are long, thick, and full; this medication was later on known as “Latisse” and after a short period of time Latisse considered as number one on the beauty platforms.
Well, what is Latisse in details?
Latisse or referring to its active component “Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution” that usually comes in eye drop form, as we mentioned Latisse works for treating Hypotrichosis condition –Defined as a condition where people suffer from a reduced amount of hair of their eyelashes-.
Latisse is a tool that can provide you help to stop wasting lots of money on eyelashes extensions that even may look worst, rid yourself from the risk of using eyelashes glue that sometimes causes problems to eyelids, and what is important is that it can reduce the hour’s people are spent at the beauty salons. However, Latisse can provide you with a painless and almost permanent solution for your eyelashes, in addition, it will give you the most natural and the prettiest look as well.
Keep on reading…we will provide with most of the answers to almost all questions that might cross your mind while reading the word Latisse…keep on scrolling.
Recommended: How To Get Rid Of Eyelid Dermatitis in Few Days
Then, how this magical treatment works?
The Latisse mechanism of action until now is not fully understood! Based on research, it has been found that Latisse is a prostaglandin analog… what?
- First, you should know that prostaglandins are natural fatty compounds that can work for different body’s functions regulations such as cell growth and hormonal regulation. Second, it has been found that Latisse can work by binding to those fatty compounds receptors causing a recognizable increase in the growing phase of the hair follicle as a result, it increases the number of hairs developed in this phase in conservation to the thickness, length, and fullness. There are many unknown factors and reasons in the mechanism of action so, research is still ongoing for knowing what exactly the mode of action is…
How is Latisse Applied?
- The Latisse eyedropper is always associated with applicator that facilitates the process of using Latisse; the usage of Latisse is easy unless you read the pamphlet found with the product, however, we will also provide you with some steps as follows;
- Before applying Latisse, you should wash your face & hands respectively in order to remove any kind of dirt or any makeup residues that may found on your face then, you should remove your contact lenses if present and don’t wear it again unless a period of time passed that usually in a range of 30 minutes.
- During applying Latisse, you should be informed that you are only allowed to use Latisse on your upper eyelid only and you should not use it on the lower one, applying Latisse is usually done by the aid of applicator that you place one drop on it and then apply it carefully on your upper eyelid. Sometimes, during applying Latisse few drops may fall accidentally in your eyes; do not worry and remember that Latisse is already used for treating glaucoma so, there is no harm for your eyes.
- After applying Latisse, you should first wipe off any excess product if dropped accidentally on your cheeks or nose while applying it on your eyelids in order to avoid any kind of unwanted hair growth, and you should also get rid of the applicator and repeat with a new applicator for the other upper eyelid. Moreover, you should not touch the dropper tip with your hands or even your eyelashes in order to avoid any kind of contamination, last but not the least, you should also to keep the cap closed tightly after using.
When I have to use Latisse? How about the required dosage?
- Regarding the dosage;
You should follow your doctor recommendation and order; most of them recommend using only one drop of Latisse for both eyes in case of adults while for children, a doctor must determine usage and dosage. You should not increase the dosage and apply more than one drop thinking that it will work faster!
- Regarding the timing;
Feel free to use Latisse at any time; however, many people prefer using Latisse at night before sleeping with an adequate time.
How about the FDA approval? Is it approved?
Allergan Announces U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Approval of Latisse as first and only treatment approved by the FDA for Hypotrichosis of Eyelashes.
On December 26, 2008, it was stated “Allergan, Inc. today announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% as a novel treatment for hypotrichosis of the eyelashes. Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes. Latisse is the first and only science-based treatment approved by the FDA to enhance eyelash prominence as measured by increases in length, thickness, and darkness of eyelashes.”
Other words said by Scott Whitcup, M.D., Allergan’s Executive Vice President of Research and Development “Latisse fulfills a significant and previously unmet need in the medical aesthetic marketplace with a product approved by the FDA that increases the growth of eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker.”
When will I see the results? Is it effective?
Yes, Latisse is effective and worth using, you will notice its efficiency when you see its noticeable results whereas, it provides dark, long, thick, and full eyelashes. The results do not immediately appear however, it usually takes around 10-16 weeks to appear.
It is possible to see a difference between two upper eyelids regarding their length, thickness, and fullness, therefore; it is advised to apply the same dosage for both upper eyelids.
Well, what is the cost of Latisse…Is it expensive?
Actually, the cost of Latisse is expensive; it usually costs $120 per only one supply of 60 applicators that can provide you only one-month usage. As we said before, you must use the prescribed dosage only and know that using an excessive dosage will not make it works faster! However, you may find special offers provided by different platforms.
Where can I get Latisse?
Latisse Is usually found at pharmaceutical stores, or you may find it at your dermatologist office. However, it must be prescriped.
What are the side effects of Latisse?
Based on studies, it has been found that Latisse has small incidence for causing side effects. Apart from people who have good experience with Latisse usage, some people experience few side effects as follows;
- It may increase the sensitivity to light
- Visual changes maybe one of the side effects
- Swelling of face, tongue, and throat may occur
- Some patients experienced a severe headache, trouble breathing
- Patients usually suffer from eye redness, dryness, and sometimes swelling (Puffy eyes)
- As we mentioned before, you may accidentally drop Latisse on your cheeks therefore unwanted hair growth may appear.
- Change in the iris color! Yes, some patients experienced change in the iris color but this usually occurs on the long-run “After months and sometimes after years”
- Risk of having an infection! This usually occurs if the patient does not follow the hygienic protocol stated in the pamphlet such as using the applicator more than once, keeping your hands unclean while applying Latisse, and many other reasons.
- Changes in the eyelid color; most of the patients report skin darkening especially the skin found at the base of eyelashes, however, you should be informed that once stopping using Latisse, you will notice a gradual improvement and the skin color usually returns to its original color.
- The previously mentioned side effects are based on patient’s reports therefore if you notice any kind of side effects or an up normal changes you should contact your doctor directly.
What are the precautions I should take if I decide to use Latisse?
Precautions should be taken in case of the following conditions before using Latisse as follows;
- If you have a risk for macular edema
- If you already suffer from skin infection
- If you have eye problems such as Uveitis, iritis, or conjunctivitis
- Breastfeeding mothers are not allowed to use Latisse as it may place the infant at a high risk
- If you are allergic to certain ingredients, therefore, you should read the Latisse constituents carefully before using
- You should inform your doctor about all medications you are recently using in order to prevent any kind of medications interactions.
- If you drink alcohol or you are a smoker; you should inform your doctor before using Latisse because maybe you are not allowed to use it.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of contact lenses loss or even if you experienced contact lenses torn inside your eyes before.
- People of age category less than 16 years old or those who are pregnant or planned to be pregnant are not allowed to use Latisse, this is due to the less information and research done on these cases.
Is there any alternative for Latisse?
Yes, Latisse has many competitors! Some of them are composed of the same active component of Latisse, other use different components. However, the most active competitor that actually provides great results is a company named Eye Secrets. As it’s the only company that actually revealed the data and statistics of different clinical studies, its effectiveness, and its safety for use of their product.
Can I use Latisse for my eyebrows too?
Yes, you can use Latisse for your eyebrows…you will not need too much and you can only use the same brush that you have used for applying Latisse on your upper eyelid.
Finally, is there any reviews about Latisse?
Most of the reviews on Realself website are positive with total around 70% said that Latisse is worth using as follow;
“I always had very short and thin eyelashes. I noticed that as I aged my lashes seemed to be non-noticeable! I was at my trusted Plastic Surgeon’s office, Dr. Iliana Sweis, and she suggested a product called Latisse. I took her professional advice and immediately started this product. Within one month I had such an amazing improvement! This product is available at your plastic surgeon’s office!”
Another review I saw on the Latisse website that was positive as follows;
“Being a blonde, I’ve always had light brown lashes with some blonde ones mixed in, which, as you can imagine, just disappeared on my face. They didn’t even show up in photographs! But since I have been using LATISSE®, my lashes are noticeably darker than my previous shade, which is fantastic! Without a doubt, I have become a believer in LATISSE®!” *
Last but not the least; Latisse is worth using however, you do three things to say that Latisse is worth using which are; inform your doctor about your medical history before using Latisse, make sure that you are applying your Latisse dosage carefully, and to inform your doctor immediately with any problems you notice while using Latisse.
Get information, tips & techniques to
improve overall health & well-being