In today’s busy world, not everyone has an extra hour a day or extra cash to spend at the gym. However, the benefits of exercise can be realized by simply incorporating regular activity into daily routine. In fact, many experts now agree that keeping your metabolism rate up throughout the day may actually be better than one isolated burst. It may be the little things that give the most advantage in weight loss and boosting your fitness level. It’s also the little things with which you are most likely to be consistent. If it takes only a couple of minutes, you won’t be tempted to skip it. So what little things can you do beyond parking in the far space and taking the stairs? Try these fitness tips that won’t break your budget, your body, or your schedule.
1- Do two minutes of jumping jacks before you go to work. A boost in the morning helps keep your metabolism roaring all day long.
2- Keep a pair of sneakers at work so you can take a walk around the building during breaks. A short walk is also a great stress reliever and will help you feel more refreshed when you get back to the job.
3- If you’re stuck at a desk all day, sneak in some occasional exercise by placing your hands on the arms of your chair and lifting your body up out of the seat. Hold the position for several seconds and repeat several times a day. This is good for upper body strength.
4- When buying groceries, turn down the carry-out and load them yourself.
5- Keep a pair of small dumbbells in the car and do curls while stuck in traffic.
6- At home, wash your windows. You’ll burn calories and have clean windows to boot. Wash and wax your car by hand, including vacuuming. You’ll save car wash expenses while getting your exercise. Always pump your own gas and clean your own windshield.
7- Mow your lawn, and don’t cheat by using a riding mower. Pull out that push mower.
8- Do lunges and toe-stands while talking on the phone.
9- Make a habit of taking an after-dinner walk or just chasing your dog around the yard. Just 15 minutes will keep metabolism rates up and your dog will love it too.
10- Hide the TV remote so that you have to get up each time you change channels.
11- Do jumping jacks or wall pushups during commercials.
12-Weekend relaxation doesn’t have to be movies and popcorn. Take along some high-fiber snacks such as fruits, chopped veggies, or dry whole grain cereal and go for a stroll or a bike ride. Or go dancing.
Majority are Dealing With Lack of Energy to Do all These Things: Here Are 5 Tips to Help You To Get Up and Go!
We all have so many things on the go that by the end of the day we are too tired to do the things we love. As many people suffer from energy lows and depression during the dark winter months, it is important that we do everything we can to stay positive and energetic. Here are six surefire ways to improve your health and vitality:
- See A Professional. If you find you lack the energy to function in everyday life, seek the advice of your family doctor or naturopath. Your fatigue could be the underlying symptom of a more serious problem. Your doctor will be able to set you on the right path and find the treatment option that is best for you
- Drink Up! Many of us are dehydrate, and this can suck out all our energy. Carry a water bottle with you and leave it on your desk at work or home to remind you to drink up. You should aim for 8 to 12 glasses a day, depending on your activity level.
- Get Moving. I know you have heard this time and time again, but regular physical activity will give you more vitality and vim. Find an activity that you enjoy and involve your friends and family in the routine. Try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day from three to five days a week. You will notice a difference right after you take your first step.
- Eat Fresh. If your diet is lacking in variety, you could be depriving yourself of some important vitamins and minerals that help keep you active and healthy. Choose whole foods often, like grains and lean proteins. Pick fruits and vegetables that are vibrant in colour, and steer clear of sugary snacks.
- Get Your Zzzzzzs. Do you need an alarm to get up every morning? If you said “yes”, you are not getting enough sleep. The body needs sleep to repair and rejuvenate. People who do not sleep well at night are are often less productive and tired all day long. Try to get at least seven hours at night and wake up at the same time every day.
- Think Positively. This may sound simple, but the way we think has a great affect on the way we feel. Begin each morning telling yourself that you will have a great day and that you are thankful for all that you have. In the middle of the afternoon when our energy is at a low, remind yourself you are are strong enough to finish the day and think about what you have to look forward to. You will feel better in no time!