Last Updated on
Try one of these bestseller oil-free moisturizers for your oily skin with no fear of greasy, shiny skin or breakouts as you run your daily errands. Are you struggling with the need to wash the oil off your face now and then or do you have trouble with holding makeup in place? These oil-free moisturizers will help you fix your skin while leaving it smooth, soft and removes the extra shine that comes with the overproduction of the skin oils. This list of bestseller oil-free moisturizers is a curation of the best products in the market with the right formulas for oily skin.
You need to keep the skin moisturized and hydrated regardless of how oily it looks or feels before the moisturizers. This will help keep the skin smooth, soft and attractive.Failure to moisturize the skin can lead to more damage and breakage and worsen the skin condition, hence the need to know the best oil-free moisturizers for oily skin. As long as you pick the right formula, even with super oily skin, you can still stay moisturized.
Why is my skin so oily?
Do you often struggle with having a well put together skin?
Do you struggle with how quick your skin bounces from clear and fresh feel too greasy and shiny even before you get past midday?
Oily skin types are caused by the oil-producing glands in your skin being overactive. This skin condition of being oily is caused by hormones, genetics, weather or even the kind of foods you consume. The oils are produced just below the skin in the sebaceous glands. The oil, commonly referred to as sebum is what leaves the skin feeling and looking oily.
When it comes to finding the moisturizing products for oily skin, you may think that the options are limited, but they are not. To ensure a less shiny appearance, consider oil-free moisturizers which will keep the skin replenished without adding an excess of oils. Every beauty regimen requires hydration, whether your skin type is dry or oily without causing breakouts. With most moisturizers having an oil base, the best option for oily skins is an oil-free moisturizer. The list below shows the 9 Best Seller Oil Free Moisturizers For Oily Skin, their primary use, benefits, pros, and cons.
9 Best Seller Oil Free Moisturizers For Oily Skin in Canada & USA
1- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Facial Moisturizer
This clean and unobstructed acne control moisturizer is ideal for healthy, oily and combination skin leaving the skin soft and smooth. It is known to control skin breakouts for those with acne, which is common in oily skins.
Are you struggling with acne? This moisturizer has acne control moisturizer to help treat acne while leaving the skin soft and smooth. There are different control options and treatment suggested for those battling with acne and getting a good moisturizer is one of the easiest and cheapest to obtain on a minimal budget.
Say goodbye to skin dryness and leave the skin feeling smooth, healthy and soft.The clean and clear moisturizer protects the skin from dryness with the light oil-free moisturizer effect.Comes with salicylic acid acne medicine to help prevent skin breakage and breakouts commonly known as acne
- Minimize skin clogging pores. The clogged pores are what causes bacteria to thrive on the skin leading to papules.
- Has a mild scent that has a friendly feel and is less irritable
- Treats existing breakouts and prevents new ones from forming by keeping the skin intact
- Burning effects. This product is well suited for tight skin and gives soft skins a burning effect
2.Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin, 4 Fl. Oz
This water-based moisturizer softens and moisturizes the skin leaving no residue. Best known for its hydration effects and soothing the skin. Hydrating oily skin is one way to regulate the skin oil production as hydrated skin sends signals to the brain to slow down oil production as more oil is not needed. The effect is normalization of skin oils preventing breakouts and acne.
You can use this moisturizer alone or under makeup any time of the day. Having a proper moisturizer is one way to prepare the skin before applying makeup for extended lasting and smooth makeup application.The water-based formula offers great hydration. Hydrated skin helps normalize the oil production gland activities.
- Creamy and can be easily spreadable on the skin surface. The moisturizer is light and non greasy.
- Leaves no residue after application.
- The formula caters for sensitive skin
- It’s unisex – Both men and women can use this product the same way
- The product has a mild grapefruit smell though many say it is fragrance-free. While the slight grapefruit scent might be useful for some, others might prefer a scent-free moisturizer.
- Does not protect the skin from the sun as it has no sunscreen. There is no SPF in the formula.
3. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer, Aloe & Green Tea, 3 oz
The Hawaiian oil-free moisturizer is a natural oil free skin moisturizer which hydrates and softens the skin. Made from extracts of key ingredients that help keep the skin smooth and moisturized.
Its key ingredients are well known for a healthy skin effect. Glycerin and hyaluronic acid act as skin moisturizers while the aloe vera helps soothe the skin.The moisturizer formula has green tea and gotu kola extract which act as antioxidants.
- Absorbs within seconds, leaving skin greasy and soft and ready for even a makeup cover without having to wait long
- Keeps skin looking supple and hydrated
- Wears well under makeup
- The packaging feels unhygienic as you need to dip your finger in for the application
- Strong fragrance can cause discomfort as compared to the ones that are scent free. Some people are irritable to even mild tropical scents.
4. Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer Oil-Free
The Aveeno oil is an oil-free moisturizer which doubles up as a sunscreen.It hydrates and protects skin from the UV rays as it contains SPF. No need for an extra pack of sunscreen when you have this moisturizer on!
This moisturizer doubles up as a protector to minimize skin cancer when skin is exposed to harsh environments, prevents early skin aging caused by the sun hence suitable for stressed skin
The formula is made of extracts of the southernwood plant that has been used over the ages to treat skin diseases.
- Lightweight texture leaving the skin not feeling heavy with oils
- Doubles up as a moisturizer and sunscreen hybrid
- Great under makeup and doesn’t add shine and greasy look
- It takes a few minutes absorb before applying makeup
- Cause irritation in the area around the eyes even when not in contact with the eye.
- The scent is strong and lasts for over 3 hours.
5. Andalou Naturals Acai + Kombucha Oil-Free Moisturizer
This oil-free moisturizer is a clear skin solution for oily and overactive skin, congested pores, and helps tone in uneven tone and textured skin.It has a formula that contains antioxidants and other skin-repairing ingredients.
The moisturizer comes with natural inspired ingredients which soothe the skin and unclogs pores. The formula has argan stem cells that are known to fix aging skin and for skin clearance.
The antioxidant defense solution in this moisturizer helps protect and offer a clear, healthy looking and youthful skin.
- Loaded with skin repair ingredients to keep skin looking fresh, smooth and healthy
- Has antioxidants and anti-irritants suitable for the skin
- Airtight packaging that is easy to smear on skin without having to dip fingers in the container
- The fragrance ingredient poses a slight risk of irritation.
- Doesn’t sit well with makeup making skin look patchy when applied under makeup.
6. COSRX Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap
Looking to hydrate your oily skin?Use this for all skin types, especially dehydrated-oily skin that needs hydration and moisture without leaving the skin feeling heavy.
Oily skins get dehydrates too and this helps fix the skin from drying. Restore the good feel of your skin by using this as a skin texture improvement moisturizer which will leave the skin soothed.
- This hydration and moisturizing effect lasts for quite some time
- Prevents other skin issues such as dehydrated skin, irritated skin or even over-exfoliated skin.
- Strong herbal aroma could bother some people
- The cream takes longer to dry after applying
7. Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer
This oil-free men’s face moisturizer absorbs quickly to restore skin’s moisture barrier.
Best pick for men who hate greasy moisturizer but are looking for something to give them a soothing effect.
The moisturizer comes in an easy to squeeze tube, which will make application easy. The Baxter of California is known for its useful moisturizing natural ingredients. Squalane, Aloe vera, and chamomile. This help locks in moisture and boosts hydration level leaving the skin feeling smooth.
- Free of scent.
- Great aftershave moisturizer
- Contains parabens and few other chemical preservatives that can potentially irritate and harm healthy skin.
- It is not entirely natural.
8. Skinmedica Rejuvenative Moisturizer
The skinmedica oil helps nourish, hydrate, and rejuvenate skin.Use the SkinMedica Rejuvenative Moisturizer hydrates to smooth and soften dry, rough patches and minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the skin.
Hydration effect leaves skin soft and smooth all day. The moisturizer has a water retention ingredient in its formula.
- Light when applied and doesn’t leave the skin feeling heavy
- Hydration effect
- Protect from damaging UV rays
- Watery and runny thus not smooth when applying
- Slightly pricey
9. Saison Winter Moisturizer | Organic, Natural, Vegan & Cruelty-Free Beauty
Blends pure essential oils that treat skin and have a refreshing scent. This will keep your skin looking healthy, damage free and well moisturized.
Saison brand is known to use organic ingredients for beauty and skin care product.The components have antioxidants and minerals to smooth and revitalize mature skin, helping improve the skin tone and treat early stages of aging.
The moisturizer contains unique blend of pure essential oils treats skin and releases a refreshing scent.
- Leaves skin looking bright and dewy
- Lightweight and does not clog pores
- Absorbs quickly and instantly hydrates and rejuvenates skin
- Slightly pricey
The quick checks to consider when making an oil-free moisturizer purchase are;
What is your budget? When starting out on these products, start with the affordable one and advance as you see the results.
Does it contain SPF? –
The moisturizers that have the SPF in their formula makes sun protection easier as the moisturizer acts a sunscreen too.
What are the ingredients
Ensure from the ingredients listed, not of them is irritant on your skin or can cause allergies. Also, go for more natural formulas as these have more benefits for the skin
Does it sit well under makeup?
Are you a makeup person? If so, make sure the product you select sits well under makeup and does not leave patches.
Does it clog pores?
The main issue with oily skin is clogged pores that eventually lead to acne. Make sure the moisturizer chosen is clog free as you will need to open up these pores as much as possible to avoid skin breakouts.
No more fear of moisturizers leaving your face feeling greasy, oily, messy and shiny. Try one of these best oil-free moisturizers for the healthy, soft and smooth skin that you desire. You, however, have to be careful of the ingredients used in the moisturizer to make sure they do not irritate the skin as this can cause breakouts.Investing in a few significant moisturizers for oily skin is a super smart way to keep skin soft, healthy, balanced, and acne free in the long run.
Moisturized oily skin will help normalize the oil production and prevent skin breakouts.The primary key thing to consider in choosing the best oil-free moisturizer for your oily skin is that all these products are different as well as everyone’s skin is different. What works for one person can cause a breakout in the other person, and it’s important to be thorough when picking a product.If your skin is susceptible and irritable, consider contacting a dermatologist first before selecting moisturizers.