Although tanned skin was popular at certain time especially in the western countries like Greece, Germany, France, United Kingdom and United States but nowadays the popularity reversed; the popularity return to the ancient romans times where the people prefer to have white and pale skin over having tanned one and this was a symbol of having wealth!
The desire for skin whitening between both sexes is increasing incredibly, people are using different drugs and procedures inform of creams, pills and intravenous through the skin whitening injections to get the desired goal. However, some people have a little bit information that get them in trouble later on.
Why I have dark skin?
- The reason behind the range of skin colors you see every day while walking in the street is the amount and type of pigment they have that called melanin, which found in their skin.
- The melanin mainly consists of two types Eumelanin and Pheomelanin; so what is the difference between the melanin types? As simple as possible, the more eumelanin in your skin the darker your skin will be, on the contrast, the more people synthesis pheomelanin than eumelanin the lighter the skin they will have. In addition to the presence of tyrosinase enzyme which is responsible for the production of melanin.
- So how can I get much lighter skin? If you think, skin-whitening injection is the answer, so you have to keep reading.
What are skin-whitening injections?
Skin whitening injections are the trendiest procedure for getting much lighter skin. Glutathione is the trendy substance that is administrated via intravenous for skin whitening; although glutathione found inform of pills but people prefer glutathione injections as it said that glutathione pills are damaged by the action of digestive enzymes but they did not know that glutathione injections are much more worst.
How it works?
- Glutathione lightens the skin by working on melanin; it mainly works by converting eumelanin into pheomelanin so that you get much lighter skin, in addition to another mechanism that works on tyrosinase enzyme and stop it.
What makes injectable glutathione of risk?
- Glutathione injections have become popular among people for skin whitening but you should not consider them as the best decision. Although it can give you, an excellent result but they have many side effects!
- The most authoritative safety statement seems to be from the Philippines Food and Drug Administration, which notes:
“The alarming increase in the unapproved use of glutathione administered intravenously as a skin-whitening agent at very high doses is unsafe and may result in serious consequences to the health of users. There is inadequate safety documentation on the use of high doses of glutathione administered at 600 mg to 1.2 grams once weekly and even up to twice weekly.”
Adverse reactions resulting from the use of glutathione IV for skin whitening have been reported and include the following:
- Anaphylaxis (Allergic reactions)
- It may cause thyroid dysfunction
- It may cause abdominal pain
- Serious complications like kidney failure
- It can cause Stevens-johnsons syndrome; that is toxic case of skin cell death
- It can increase the sun sensitivity and increase the risk of developing skin cancer
- It can cause itchy rashes and swollen skin
- It can cause asthma attacks with asthmatic people in addition to chest tightness
- The introduction of Microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses due to low hygiene in addition to the risk of transmitting life threatening infectious diseases such as HIV and Hepatitis C viruses due to the use of non-sterile needles
- The use of glutathione injections can lead to embolus; the injection of air inside the body which is considered as fatal
- Another authorized statement from the US food and drug administration clarifying that skin-whitening injections are not approved and it is unsafe to use it;
“Some consumers seeking to change their skin color are turning to injectable products marketed to whiten or lighten their complexion. These products are potentially unsafe and ineffective, and might contain unknown harmful ingredients or contaminants. FDA has not approved any injectable drugs for skin whitening or lightening.
“These products pose a potentially significant safety risk to consumers. You’re essentially injecting an unknown substance into your body—you don’t know what it contains or how it was made,” says In Kim, a pharmacist at FDA.”
So, how can I whiten my skin?
Skin whitening can be achieved in an easy way without taking the risk of using glutathione injections. Moreover, because we know the effectiveness of glutathione in the skin whitening process and many other processes useful for your overall health status; we are glad to inform you that glutathione is found naturally in some kind of food and it is naturally found in your body so you can boost it naturally through:
- Fruits and vegetables
Asparagus, potatoes, peppers, carrots, onion, broccoli, avocados, squash, spinach, garlic, tomatoes, grapefruit, apples, oranges, peaches bananas and melon are good nutritional sources of glutathione. However, you have to make sure that you consume them in their fresh state not cooked or processed.
- Animal Products
Glutathione present with high amounts in fresh, uncooked meats and in adequate quantities in dairy products and eggs, these foods are high in whey protein; recent studies shows that whey protein is the best supplement to help naturally increase glutathione for both fighting cancer, strengthening the immune system, and many other functions.
Cereals, oats, Brazil nuts, walnuts, legumes, tuna, beef, poultry, cheese and eggs are excellent sources of selenium, which is considered as cofactor for the enzyme that form glutathione.
- Vitamin C & E
Oranges, red peppers, Kale, broccoli, strawberries, grapefruit, guava, kiwi and green pepper are good sources of vitamins that can increase the glutathione level.
- Many other skin-whitening remedies we mentioned before while discussing the side effects of the whitening skin pills and the effectiveness of Zeta skin whitening cream that contains a natural constituents that whiten your skin without any kind of risks.
Get information, tips & techniques to
improve overall health & well-being